Here is the low down, based on the questions asked most often about Radio Tairua 88.3FM
Q: WHERE CAN I BUY A RADIO TAIRUA STICKER?
- Radio Tairua Surfman stickers are available in nine different colours at the Tairua Information Centre, Main Road Tairua.
Q: WILL RADIO TAIRUA PROMOTE COMMUNITY EVENTS?
- YES! On Air and via the Upcoming Events page on this website. If you have a community event you would like promoted, you can email Radio Tairua from the Contact Us page on this website, or give us a call... it's as simple as that. The more notice you give us of your event, the better! This service is FREE to local/community groups in Tairua, Pauanui and throughout the greater Coromandel area. Remember to advise us of any links to websites, contact phone numbers for enquiries, or email addresses for enquiries - these can be incorported into your notice. If you have a logo or promotional picture, this can also be included.
Q: HOW CAN I SPONSOR A SHOW ON RADIO TAIRUA?
- Contact the station via the Contact Us page on this website, or give us a call. Please provide an overview of your business. We will then arrange a time to meet with you and discuss the brand centred sponsorship style of Radio Tairua, show formats and see if we can find the right fit for your business and the station. Rates are very reasonable - there is a one-off set up fee, weekly show hosting fee which includes regular scheduling of the radio promotion for the show, the additional benefit of a web presence for your business plus on-air promotional opportunities.
Q: HOW CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT A SONG I HEARD ON RADIO TAIRUA?
If you know what time/day you heard the song, we can search back through the system and pinpoint the track/artist info for you and let you know. All you need to do is:
- Text the station (if you are a local listener)
- Email the station from the Contact Page on this website
Q: WHO IS THE GUY ON THE PROMOTIONS FOR RADIO TAIRUA?
- LFM Productions based in Whitianga create the promotions for Radio Tairua, and the "guy" is one of their staff. We send them scripts and ideas and they turn these into the great promotions you hear throughout the day on Radio Tairua.
Q: WHO OWNS RADIO TAIRUA?
- Radio Tairua is an independent, non-commercial station owned by Bruce Fowlie. Everyone working on the station or those who create exclusive shows, very generously volunteer their personal time.
Q: WHAT IS A NON-COMMERCIAL STATION?
- A station that does not focus on commercial advertising revenue to generate income. Radio Tairua focuses on delivery of music to its listeners without blatant advertising. Radio Tairua takes a brand centred sponsorship approach when working with local businesses in the area of promotion.
Q: WHO DO I CONTACT IF I AM CONCERNED ABOUT SOMETHING ON RADIO TAIRUA?
- You can make an "informal complaint" by phoning or writing to Radio Tairua - details are on the contact page of this website. If you are unhappy with the outcome of your "informal complaint", you can make a formal complaint to the Broadcasting Standards Authority http://www.bsa.govt.nz/.